Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ellianna Jean is here!






Thursday afternoon the doctor said, "yep, no progression Mrs. Buchta. All is well." Benjamin was not supposed to fly that night, but he had to for extenuating circumstances. After the doctor appointment and also after Ben had taken off for the evening flight, I had some random contractions that didn't seem out of the ordinary or important. I laid down to go to sleep at 1130 and the contractions started to feel very intense, and as I stood up to go to the bathroom I felt a gush of water. I called my person for the week, Aubrey (the wife of one of Ben's fellow workers), and told her what happened and asked her to meet me at the hospital. Meanwhile, the evening flight just landed. As Benjamin climbed in the van he got the message, "your wife's water just broke", he called back and told me he was going to be driven back to Valdsota and would leave within 30 minutes. I drove myself to the hospital after throwing bags in the car, feeding the dogs, and putting a towel down on the front seat. I was checked into a bed at 1245am, and the contractions were very intense/painful around 1am. As I dialated from 2.5cm to 8cm, without knowing such progress, Ben was about 5 hours from arriving. The contractions became unbearable and close together so I couldn't really stay on top of them, so the nurse came in to check me to see if I was ready for an epidural. This was before 3am and she said, "you won't be having an epidural because she'll be here within the hour." Aubrey called Ben to update him and by 3am I started to push. Ellianna came into the cold and bright world at 0347 September 28 2007. She was a little out of it at first and has slept 97% of her life. Ben was driven by a friend through the entire night, he arrived at 630am in a flight suit to meet his daughter for the first time.
As far as the rest of the hospital visit goes we caught up on sleep and practiced breastfeeding. And ate some Zaxby's. We just got home this afternoon, so stay tuned for details of life at home with little Ellianna.
Love,
The Three Buchta's
(plus two doggies)

2 comments:

sally m. ozga said...

Congradulations to all. Cami you are amazing!!! What a beautiful baby girl. Hope you got those diaper wipes made! Love, Aunt Sally and Uncle Bill XXXOOO

Tricia Prendergast said...

Congratulations, Cami& Ben!! What a joyous day it is! I hope your parents were able to make it on time...or at least soon after.
Cami, it sounds like you soloed wonderfully -- what a woman!!
I think Ellianna looks just like ... Ellianna!

Blessings on all of you,

Tricia & clan