Friday, March 14, 2008

Ellie's first trip




She was seriously so amazing. All of our flights flew straight from Atlanta so that was nice...long. 5 and a half hours on the way there with a sleeping baby in my lap was more then excruciating. I almost went crazy and when I stood up I could not feel my legs. But it was so great to hang out with my mom a lot and help my sister get started on some wedding ideas and I got to see more very dear and long time friend Eva and her little girl and my very good friends Josh and Sarah and their little darling Maddie...Ellie's first friend. I realized something very valuable in my travels to the Emerald City...that it's not my home anymore. My home is in Georgia in the house that my husband has provided for me and the family that we have built there. God freed me of some serious (at times) homesickness. The Northwest will always be my favorite places of all time, but my home is where I lay my head at night and that's next to my husband's, wherever he might take me. Growing up is so hard to do sometimes. Speaking of growing up, Ellianna is starting to show her little personality more and I'm having a ball getting to know her.

No comments: